Re: Stropping- alternatives to Chromeglantz

For several years now I have used 220 grit carborundum powder on my strop. I get it
quite wet and work in a layer of the powder. I usually just sharpen a knife that
needs a lot of attention to work in the carborundum. One application lasts for
months. I get mine from friends who do lithography, it is used in grinding down
stones for printing.
--Erin