Copy Presses

Friends---Bill Streeter's comprehensive work on copy presses will be out
about April 15.  Here's the info:

        Streeter, W. W. BEFORE PHOTOCOPYING: THE ART & HISTORY OF MECHANICAL
COPYING  1780-1938.  Oak Knoll and W. W. Streeter, 1999. 9" x 12", hard
bound,  495 pp., 1200+ illus., including reproductions of 650 U.S. patents.
 Includes descriptions of the ink, paper, and copying processes.  $75, plus
$5 shipping and handling.  (The flyer didn't give an ISBN number.)

Orders may be sent to:

        W. W. Streeter
        Heraldry Bindery
        78 Masonic Street
        Northampton, MA  01060

>From the description and the pre-publication reviews I sounds like the
definitive word on the subject.  And, knowing Bill Streeter, I have no
doubt that it is.

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)