Re: discipline

Back in the days when I employed staff things got so bad that I asked my
secretary to write up a schedule for me.

There were 300-400 calls/month, staff to hire/train/supervise, my own work
to do at the bench, workshops to organize/conduct, etc.

The schedule never worked.  Old clients would come by on the spur of the
(their) moment; new clients would show up without appointments; there would
be a fire/flood salvage job, etc., and the schedule went all to hell.

These days, my card does not give my address.  It says, "By appointment"
and I work through the night (I like the quiet hours).

It works for me, but it took 20 years to get there.

Cheers,

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Laboratory