Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 28 Feb 1999 to 1 Mar 1999

<<I have been given a bag of kapok and am wondering what I need to do to it
to make paper. I haven't used it before.
Gail>>

Soak a lb. over night, cook it in a 20% solution of water to caustic (soda ash
or lye) for 2 -4 hours, rinse out all the caustic (until the water drains
clear), then beat in a hollander beater for 3 plus hours (depending on the
quality of paper you want).  It makes strong and very beautiful paper! Good
luck!
- Robbin Ami Silverberg
- Dobbin Mill