[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Adhesive and tyvek
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Adhesive and tyvek
- From: "Joseph A. Osina" <jaano@MINDSPRING.COM>
- Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 00:17:49 -0800
- Message-Id: <199903040535.VAA19840@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Did you let it dry enough? Try using a tacking iron to readhere it to the
paper (if you don't have a tacking iron, just use a regular iron with a mild
setting and no steam). The dry PVA will act like a fusion-heat activated
I have a binding I made laminating 2 pieces of Tyvek together from about 8
years ago and and it hasn't separated yet. I hope this helps.
Joseph A. Osina
From: Lavinia Adler <laviniaa@JUNO.COM>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, March 03, 1999 5:05 PM
Subject: Adhesive and tyvek
>That recent thread re: tyvek inspired me to cut a mailing envelope apart
>to do a little experimenting. I didn't get far when I found that PVA
>doesn't adhere it to paper. I was able to peel the tyvek right off the
>paper sheet after the PVA had dried.
>What kind of adhesive have you found that works?