Workshop on Reviewing moderated by Sybil Steinberg of PW

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Karin Taylor, Executive Director, 212-764-7021

                           SMALL PRESS CENTER TO HOST
                        WORKSHOP ON BOOK REVIEWING

As part of its continuing program to help small and independent publishers and
 writers,  the Small Press Center will host two special workshops in its
celebration
of Small Press Month in March. The workshop series is co-sponsored by The New
York Times,  with the support of Publishers Weekly.

The first workshop, “An Inside Look at Book Reviewing,”  will take place on
Tuesday, March 9th.  The panel offers a unique opportunity to ask the taste-
makers what they look for when assigning a book for review.  They will discuss
the ways they work, from their submission guidelines to tips for increasing
the chances of review coverage.  The moderator will be Sybil Steinberg, Senior
Editor of Publishers Weekly.  Panelists are Christopher Lehmann-Haupt, Daily
Book Reviewer, The New York Times; Henry Finder, Editorial Director, The New
Yorker;  Bob Minzesheimer, Book Critic, USA Today; and Joy Press, Literary
Editor, the Village Voice.  The Workshop will be held from 5:30 till 7:30 pm
at the Small Press Center, 20 West 44th Street, and will be followed by an
informal reception.   Individual workshops cost $30.00 for non-members and
$20.00 for Small Press Center members.  For more information and reservations,
call 212-764-7021; Fax 212-354-5365 or e-mail to smallpress@aol.com.

The second workshop, The ABC’s of Broadcast Publicity, will take place on
Tuesday, March 23rd.  For further information, please call 212/764-7021.

                                >>> I loved working in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen
<Email>
mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com