Artist's Travel Book Class

I'll be leading a workshop this summer at the beautiful Anderson Ranch in=

Colorado. Anderson Ranch is know for its summer program of photography,
ceramics and woodworking classes, but recently they have added artist's
books to their roster. I love teaching there because of the beauty of the=

place, the seriousness of the participants, and good accomodations. =

It's a week long workshop, and it's possible to get a lot of book ideas
underway in that time. We will be making maquettes, or dummies throughout=

the week, working with aspects of travel. Much of the workshlop comes out=

of brainstorming and writing projects we do every day. I also show lots o=
work of other people, both artists and civilians. =

Many of the books I have done deal with travel, such as "I Spent the Summ=
er
in Paris: a view of life in Paris, France and Paris, Kentucky in 1983" an=
more recently, my book about illness as a journey, "Treading the Maze."

Hope to see some of you there! Contact me at SusanKing@compuserve.com or
the Ranch for more info.

"Inspiration on the Road: developing ideas for artist's travel books." =

Dates:August 23-27; Tuition: $395.  Studio Fee:
$35.  Enrollment limited to 10.  To register call: 970.923.3181.

Susan King