Anne Lamott/Freida Mock event

Many List members, including myself, who read everything Anne Lamott writes
and appreciate Freida Mock's documentaries (she did the Oscar-winning one
on Maya Lin, designer of The Wall) were not able to attend the reading and
screening at Domincan College recently.

TENDER MERCIES, Anne's latest book is now high on the National Nonfiction
List and is getting rave reviews. Audio tapes of Annie reading from the
book are available for $5.00. One ninety-minute tape has the music of the
choir and all the spoken words but does not include the soundtrack of the
film. Order from Gordon Schaeffer, 18965 Sandy Rd., Castro Valley, CA
94546, e-mail: ggschaeffer@juno.com. $5.00 + $1.50 postage. Checks payable
to: St. Andrew Building Fund.

Freida Mock is making copies of her documentary, BIRD BY BIRD WITH ANNIE,
available for $20.00 each, half of which will be donated to St. Andrew
Presbyterian Church, to which Annie dedicated TRAVELING MERCIES. To order
the documentary as a VHS tape, fill out the form I am including with this
message.

SPECIAL OFFER

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A VHS COPY OF THE FILM BIRD BY BIRD WITH ANNIE BY ACADEMY
AWARD WINNING FILMMAKER, FREIDA LEE MOCK, PLEASE SEND THIS SLIP ALONG WITH
$20.00 PER COPY TO:

AMERICAN FILM FOUNDATION
1333 OCEAN AVENUE
SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA 90401

One-half of all money will be donated to St. Andrew Building Fund

I WOULD LIKE____________COPIES OF THE FILM

I AM ENCLOSING MY CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF ____________MADE PAYABLE TO:
AMERICAN FILM FOUNDATION

PLEASE FORWARD THE TAPE(S) TO:

These tapes will both be collector's items someday.

Why am I publicizing Anne Lamott's book and the film? Anne and I were
friends in Bolinas, CA years ago, and later, when we were both members of
St. Andrew in Marin City before I moved out of the area. I grew to love her
tremendous sense of humor and want to spread the word.
Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org