[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Letterpress Workshop in the U.K.
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Letterpress Workshop in the U.K.
- From: Claire Bolton <AlembicPrs@AOL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:52:08 EST
- Message-Id: <199903100952.BAA19102@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The Alembic Press is offering two five-day letterpress workshops in 1999.
The Press has a spacious printshop situated in a thirteenth century stone
barn, with an Albion iron hand press, Arab and Peerless treadle platens,
Vandercook and Farley cylinder proof presses, Sigwalt and Adana table-top
platens and a wide range of metal and wood typefaces. There will be a maximum
of six people for each workshop, so as to allow students to have individual
instruction, yet work at their own pace, and explore their own particular
interests, if they so wish. The workshops will also include a slide lecture, a
visit to nearby sites such as OUP museum, Kelmscott Manor, etc., and a short
introduction to type composition and casting using a Monotype (for those that
might be interested).
The course will run each day from 10am to 4pm, and will be
Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June
and repeated on
Monday 26 July to Friday 31st July.
For further information, or to reserve a place, please contact:
Claire Bolton, The Alembic Press, Hyde Farm House, Marcham, Oxon OX13 6NX UK
telephone 44 (0)1865 391391 facsimile 44 (0)1865 391322 e-mail