Leather question ////// and press for shipping

To the list:

We have a good answer to our question about the goatr skin leather that
changes color. Turns out it is not moisture but a combination of pressure
and stretching that changes the refractile properties of the dye in the
leather. Independent testing here has proven that out.

On the pig skin we still are open to suggestions

We have a French standing press. 8 foot over all height. 48 inch throat.
Platen is 24 in by 36 in. Solid oak. In great shape except the feet will
have to be releveled. It will go free of cost to first valid inquiry. YOU
MUST PAY SHIPPING OR PICK IT UP. Approx weight?? It takes four of us to move
it.

Regards

Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Books & Bindery