Re: Maine Made Papers

Lee-

I'm building a travel journal for a women who has a very strong attachment
to Maine and only has an opportunity to visit every 5-10 years.  I thought
I would explore the possibility of including something material from Maine.
 All of the materials that you mention would be appropriate.

The cover will feature a woodcut, there will be a corner print (again a
woodcut) on every page, the back cover will open to a large map.

I would love to incorporate a Maine paper anywhere in this construction.  I
I could just use them as endpapers would be meaningful to her.

I have some strong Maine ties, too, so this project is getting extra
attention.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Geoff

At 11:11 PM 3/10/99 EST, you wrote:
>I live in Maine and make paper on occasion and am not sure what a 'Maine
>fiber' would be exactly.  I have used Maine cattails, Maine sunflowers, Maine
>seaweed and a couple of  others I am sure.  There are several of us up here
>who make paper who might have more interesting ones I'm sure.
>
>If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
>
>Lee Cooper
>PineCone Press

Geoffrey B. Davis
Science Guy
The Lightbulb Laboratory...Home of the Junior Scientists
Cherry Tree Elementary School
13989 Hazel Dell Road
Carmel, Indiana 46060
(317) 846-3086