Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Mar 1999 to 14 Mar 1999

Greetings unto the list from Aengus MacBain. I am new to both this list and
bookbinding. I have been practicing calligraphy and illumination for several
years and I wish to attempt a complete medieval book reproduction. My
interests lie in  books produced in the 13th and 14th centuries. I have
acquired several books on books, however they are somewhat lacking in the
amount of information they offer on period techniques and materials. That
being said, I was wondering...

Can anyone refer me to a source for information on bookbinding during the
period I mentioned?

Does anyone offer bookbinding classes in the Pittsburgh, PA area?

Can anyone refer me to a reputable catalog supplier of bookbinding materials?

Thanks in advance,
Aengus