[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Mar 1999 to 14 Mar 1999
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Mar 1999 to 14 Mar 1999
- From: Aengus MacBain <Aengus1@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 02:46:35 EST
- Message-Id: <199903150757.XAA17780@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Greetings unto the list from Aengus MacBain. I am new to both this list and
bookbinding. I have been practicing calligraphy and illumination for several
years and I wish to attempt a complete medieval book reproduction. My
interests lie in books produced in the 13th and 14th centuries. I have
acquired several books on books, however they are somewhat lacking in the
amount of information they offer on period techniques and materials. That
being said, I was wondering...
Can anyone refer me to a source for information on bookbinding during the
period I mentioned?
Does anyone offer bookbinding classes in the Pittsburgh, PA area?
Can anyone refer me to a reputable catalog supplier of bookbinding materials?
Thanks in advance,