2 Exhibitions

Dear Book Friends-
I have been off list for quite some time do to many things, especially
overcommitment of, well, everything. Hopefully, things will be calmer and
more focuses, but most likely not.
However, there are a couple of things I wanted to post, as I think they
are worth knowing about.

I am involoved at the Lower East Side Printshop. Last October, the
Printshop celebrated its 30 Anniversary with a comprehensive exhibition
at the Chelsea Art Center, here in NY. The exhibition was curated by
Nancy Princinthal, who's Artist Book Beat column apprears in Art on Paper
Magazine. As Ms. Princinthal is a big supporter of artists books there
are quite a few in the exhibit, as well as a lot of other quite
interesting print work in a variety media from silkscreen and etching to
digital media. A "real" 2-color, 68 page catalog was produced and is
available from the Printshop for $15. Their address is 59-61 E 4th
Street. 6th Floor, NYC 10003. The price includes shipping and handling.

The entire exhibition catalog and Nancy's essay is now on line-in full
color, for free.

www.printshop.org

go to exhibitions-the title of the show is ALBUM

Also, for those in New York and area, there is an extraordinary
exhibition of Lise Poiriet's sculptural bookworks at HarperCollins, 10 E
53 Street, between 5th and Madison. It's there till the end of the month,
and I think it is a must see.

Miriam Schaer