Query Paste

--------------B6E4788F4C874F194BA4EE67

I have been using cooked paste to repair books. The problem is that when
it dries it's hard as concrete. This presents problems when the repair
is made on the hinge. I have tried PVA and the results are the same. Any
suggestion?
Also on the subject of paste, is there any suggestion on removing the
glue down page from the boards? I have been using paste but this is a
very messy and no matter how careful I am there always seem to be some
warping of the boards. Again any suggestions or comments would be
appreciated.
Regards,
Tom Fenn

--------------B6E4788F4C874F194BA4EE67