Re: Where are the old books?

A friend (Ken Chiacchia) asks me to pass on his ideas on this topic:

<< You know, looking at this list an obvious one occurred to me:  the Vatican
 Library may have the largest collection of ancient and old texts in the
 world.  I'd also mention the Widener Library at Harvard University --
 truly incredible old books collection, with an unusual degree of access
 (although in recent years, things being what they are, they may have had
 to cut back on who could have access to which works). >>

E. Penrose