Re: WOID Bulletin: The Donald Jackson Bible

Let's not forget, however, that without "fundamentalism" (by which you mean
the church?) the book/writing in many of it's manifestations (in the west)
may well not have existed because it was the church which preserved
writing. Think the monks in their scriptoria copying the Bible and also
preserving whatever knowledge was passed on from classical times in the
arts, sciences, literature. Also let's not forget the patronism of the arts
by the church.

>Let the fact that the arts are
>beginning to be used by some for  fundamentalism
>be known.
>As a former life-long New Yorker, I find it utterly unNewYorkish, and,
>inappropriate.
>
>Best regards,  Olivia Hibel

                                >>> I loved working in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen