German Bindings

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BE7B87.A7A0FEA0

There is a binding technique that seems to be prevalent on German =
bindings. The signatures are sewn on tapes and through the tapes as =
well.  When I receive these books for rebinding I am limited in how I =
reshape the back because it is immobile due to the sewn-on tapes. In a =
recent situation I was asked to round, back, and apply false bands to =
this kind of binding that had a flat back. I could see no way to =
accomplish the task without breaking down the book and re-sewing it. Has =
anyone had this problem and how did you deal with it? Is re-sewing the =
only alternative to reshaping the spine of this kind of book? Thanks for =
any help.

KT Pardue
WhiteRiver Studio

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BE7B87.A7A0FEA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#e0a4a0>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is a binding technique that seems =
to be=20
prevalent on German bindings. The signatures are sewn on tapes and=20
<EM>through</EM> the tapes as well.&nbsp; When I receive these books for =

rebinding I am limited in how I reshape the back because it is immobile =
due to=20
the sewn-on tapes. In a recent situation I was asked to round, back, and =
apply=20
false bands to this kind of binding that had a flat back. I could see no =
way to=20
accomplish the task without breaking down the book and re-sewing it. Has =
anyone=20
had this problem and how did you deal with it? Is re-sewing the only =
alternative=20
to reshaping the spine of this kind of book? Thanks for any =
help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>KT Pardue</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WhiteRiver =
Studio</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BE7B87.A7A0FEA0--