[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fabric covers for books
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Fabric covers for books
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:31:26 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199904062208.RAA22041@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199904062231.PAA19990@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 04:04 PM 4/6/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>I have been trying to bind books using fabric for the covers. First I back
>>the fabric with paper, using wheat paste. Then, when I repaste the backed
>>fabric to get it onto the covers, the fabric separates from the backing
>>paper. How do I fix this problem? What's the ideal adhesive to stick the
>>backed fabric on to the binder's board? Thanks everyone!
Paste the board rather than the fabric and I think you can get the backed
fabric down without separation.
Another alternative is to back with a heat set adhesive.
Sam Lanham (firstname.lastname@example.org)