Talking about adhesives

Talking about adhesives, does anybody use a PVA and CMC (carboxy methyl
cellulose) combination? I once apprenticed with a bookbinder who did. She
said it dried more slowly than pure PVA and so gave her more time to work,
especially with large sheets of paper or fabric. However, she never showed me
how she mixed them, or in what proportions.

I have some CMC lying around, so would love to know how to use it. Would a
PVA-CMC combination be "archival"?

Thanks all!
Suhag

(Peter, if you think I am posting too many questions, let me know and no
offence will be taken. It's just that I think this list is such a great
resource)