Re: Talking about adhesives

Post way.

I use Methycellulose and PVA in a 50/50 mixture and it works great. The
Methylcellulose I mix up in about a 10% solution, adding the powder to
about a quarter of the final volulume's worth of HOT water. This makes
mixing much easier. I then top of with cold, stir and put in the fridge so
it can swell up. This also eliminates clumping.

Then just mix.

Is it archival. That depends on your definition. It's far more reversible
than straight PVA, but there will always be some residue left over.
Depending on the PVA you use it's fine. Remember, whether something is
archival or not depends on the sum of its parts and how they're put
together. Archival is probably one of the most over/mis-used words out
there.

p.

Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com