Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 7 Apr 1999 to 8 Apr 1999

<<Subject: Re: Paper Lampshades
 Does anyone have any advise orstories or comments about this?>>

Paper has been used for centuries for lampshades - just make sure your bulb
isn't too close to the shade....and not too high a wattage.  Then if you're
still concerned, there are liquid chemicals that you can apply to the paper
to make it more fire resisitant (Lee Scott McDonald used to carry one I
vaguely remember but doesn't anymore...).  I'll check to see if I still have
some around in my studio.  There's also some 'stuff' that makes paper
waterproof...
Robbin Ami Silverberg
Dobbin Mill