[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Kevlar for lampshades
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Kevlar for lampshades
- From: Teri L Herbert <herbertl@MUSC.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:55:33 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199904090143.VAA28609@revere3.musc.edu>
- Message-Id: <199904091356.GAA23146@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
As an avid sailor, I know you can easily find all different weights of
Kevlar at any sailmakers shop or if you walk the docks in a
sailboat marina, you might find some old Kevlar sails stuffed in the
trash...Sailmakers like UK Sails, North Sails, Doyle, etc. all carry
Kevlar in rolls and always have piles of scraps.
But the only problem will be for those in areas with no water...