Greetings and Salutations

Sure, I'll take your collective recommendation and buy from Ed =
Hutchins/Book Central. (Besides, I was impressed by his remarks at =
the U of Alabama conference.)=20

Hullo. I think this is my first post to the list, though I've ben =
listening in for a few weeks. Like Ed and others said at the =
conference, the community you all possess is a glorious treasure. =
Keep it alive and healthy.

And please, can I join in? :) =20
I've been Mike Kaylor's apprentice in the Literary House Pressroom =
(Chestertown, MD) for nearly three years. And for perhaps the first =
time I've got a question for which his fountain of knowledge can =
offer only a trickle.

I'm embarking on a two part project which combines my interest in =
book arts with my studies in anthropology. The first 6-10 weeks =
(mid-May through July) will be spent introducing myself to =
papermaking and exeprimenting (we're a mainly letterpress facility =
and I have not yet had the opportunity to move beyond the =
not-quite-good-enough-to-be-a-papertowel paper from my science fair =
project in middle school.)

The second part (August through December) will be spent =
investigating papermaking and letterpress and any other book arts I =
come across in Ecuador.

I've heard a tiny bit about the state of letterpress in Peru. And =
I've run across a couple tidbits about papermaking in Ecuador =
(Helen Hiebert, I'd love to find out more about your trip to =
Ecuador you mention in your Papermaking with Plants book).

So if you have info about anything to do with anything above, =
please write back either on the listserv if others find this a =
topic of interest or to me personally at =
jennifer.lubkin@washcoll.edu. Also let me know if you can think of =
any other book artists, anthropologists, ethnobotonists, whoever =
that I should be sure to talk to. And if you live in the =
DC/B'more/Wilmington area or even near Mt. Vernon, WA, Portland, or =
Eagle Pass/San Antonio TX (places I'm visiting this summer) and =
would like to share some of your expertise with a novice. . .

Thanks in advance,
jennifer lubkin

300 Washington Ave.
Chestertown, MD 21620