Re: Amazon/B&N vs Independent Bookstores

<< I buy all of my new books from www.books.com.  I have been buying from
them since they were a BBS ... They were one of the first, if no the first,
electronic bookstore.  I buy from them since you accrue points towards free
books. >>

I tried them, but I, personally, much prefer Amazon or B&N. When Books.com
screwed up my large order (badly), they merely apologized -- and it took
several E-Mails just to get them to do that.  Had that been Amazon or B&N,
they would have immediately given me free shipping, an extra 10%, or
something similar.

With respect to accruing points toward free books, I got the impression that
you'd have to spend many thousands of dollars to get something free.

In any event, I was MUCH happier with Amazon and B&N -- and I, personally
saved much more money using them than Books.com.  If I don't have a great
independent bookstore available, I stick with them for great service and
discounts.

YMMV, but this has been my experience.

(Incidentally, I also LOVE Strands.)