Re: Pricings???

Books of this type are really Art/Craft objects.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, not in the
making.
The amount of time you spend making it is, unfortunately,
irrelevant.
There are binders who can spend 50 extra hours on a book
because they do not have the right tools. This can not
justify a price.
Price is determined by the market acceptance of the item,
not by the artisan.
For an unknown craftsman or artist, prices will always be
low.
The items are subjective. You may consider your book
to be worth $200. If there are no buyers, the market is
telling you something.
When you get a name, a track record, you can set your own
price.

If you have confidence in your work, try to put some out to
auction
at a Christies or Swann's or Sotheby's rare book & fine
bindings sale.
Then you will get an idea of the real market value of your
work.
Art

Art Rubino & Co.
Antiquarian Book Sellers
Numismatic & Philatelic Arts of Santa Fe
P.O. Box 9712
Santa Fe, NM 87504  USA
Phone  505 982 8792
Fax      505 982 0291
Email  Art_Rubino@msn.com

We are always interested in buying fine used
Numismatic,  Philatelic & Collectibles books.

In the United Kingdom
Art Rubino & Co.
Antiquarian Booksellers
233 Wandsworth Bridge Road
London SW6 2TU
Phone  44 171 731 2919
Fax       44 171 610 6930
Mobile  44 468 301 890

Catalogues Available By Email
Sent in Win 95/Word 6.0 Format unless you specify.
Numismatic Books  Pt I  Ancient, Byz. & Medievel. 80 pp.
Numismatic Books Pt II  Modern Era [post 1400] 60 pp.
Numismatic Sales Catalogues & Fixed Price Lists
Treasure [Numismatic] Books. Cobs, diving for treasure.
Philatelic Books
Ancient & Modern History, Bank History, Military History
Archaeology Books
Collectibles Books. Porcelain, antiques, rare artifacts.
Modern First Editions & Literature  [under construction]
Magic & Divination, Handwriting, Palm Reading, Dreams
Conservation Supplies for Collectors