Re: Regarding gold foil

Something we used to use at the bindery I used to work for was ammonia,
specifically, Bo Peep brand (I always loved that name and the picture of Little
Bo Peep and her sheep).

This would, as I remember, be used to clean up mistakes or large patches of
unwanted gold. I think it loosens the adhesive under the gold, so be careful
when you use it and don't remove what you don't want to.

Eric

 Eric Alstrom
 Collections Conservator
 Dartmouth College