Re: Archival...another material

I'd feel comfortable using unbleached COTTON muslin, but it depends on
what use it was for.  I might want to wash it first, perhaps more than
once, in order to remove all starch and sizing.  It could then be lined
or restarched with wheat or rice paste.  Almost all cotton bookcloths
will have been bleached in processing and manufacture before dyeing.

---------
Geoff Davis wrote:

> Is unbleached muslin archival?  (As per previous post)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
> Geoff Davis
> The Art Department Studio Camps and Workshops
> Bookbinding, Printmaking and Photography
> 1337 Hannibal Street
> Noblesville, IN 46060

Carol P
Eugene, OR