Films about King Arthur?

Dear Friends
   Pardon me for this non-book related request, but I could use the
collective wisdom of the group. I am putting together a week's worth of
activities for a group of 6th graders centering around King Arthur and
Camelot. These are kids who are not going with the rest of the 6th
graders to a camp and we're planning some learning but lots of hands-on
activities.  We want to start it off with a video and I'm having trouble
finding an appropriate one. We're having a King Arthur film fest at our
house with mixed results. I viewed First Knight- too much focus on
romance, Merlin- the Hallmark TV production with Sam Neill- too long and
too much on Merlin and magic, Knights of the Round Table- an oldie with
Robert Taylor and Ava Gardner- too stilted and dull. I loved Excalibur
but it's too violent and sexy. I haven't seen A Kid in King Arthur's
Court but I don't think I want the time travel thing although I'll
probably check it out. I would prefer live action to animated. I'm going
to watch the musical Camelot but I'm afraid we'll lose them on the
songs. I also saw that A & E has a Biography segment on King Arthur. Did
anyone see it? It's not too expensive to purchase but I'd rather not
spend the money without some information. So, if anyone has any
suggestions, please let me know, either off the list, or on. Again,
pardon the digression, but thanks in advance for your help.

in good spirit,
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord
Newburyport, MA