[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Book arts programs
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Book arts programs
- From: Martha Chiplis <mchiplis@CHIREADER.COM>
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:58:57 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199904200404.XAA27123@mail.chireader.com>
- Message-Id: <199904212207.PAA19928@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>What colleges have programs in the book arts as part of their
>curriculum at the undergraduate level? Which of these include
>letterpress printing? What emphases do these programs have
>(artists books, bookbinding, etc)? Thank you.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago has some book arts classes.
There is a letterpress class taught by Cathie Ruggie Saunders (former
student of Walter Hamady) which takes place in the shop at Columbia College
Chicago Center for the Book and Paper Arts.
Columbia College has its own program of course (and the facilities to go
although it is a graduate program.
There is also The University of Iowa Center for the Book- their degree is also
a graduate degree. But I am pretty sure that undergraduates can take the book
classes. Anyway, these are the ones that spring to mind immediately.
Sherwin Beach Press