fabric coloration

<According to
my notes, the fabric can also be dyed with Dr. Martin's or
watercolor prior to this treatment.>

Just as an aside, Dr. Martin's dyes, although wonderful colors, are not
remotely color-fast, light-fast, or water-proof when dry. I love them, but
I can't count on anything I've done with lasting very long - if out in the
light, the colors will start to change and fade in as soon as a few weeks
or months. Also, if the fabric or paper has been bleached at some point,
and some of that remains in it, they will go even faster. This happens even
with fixative. The best thing I've found is dye the fabric prior to
binding, or use an acrylic wash.

Robyn

Robyn ElizaBeth Priestley
Painted Turtle Design