Re: acrylic wash

For anyone who subscribes to Tabellae Ansata, there is an example of (what looks
like to me) an acrylic wash over tyvek.  I call it acrylic staining, sort of
like using a stain on wood.  It brings out the grain and details you can't see
when there is not color on the tyvek.  With the gel and medium you can do a lot
of things with acrylics.  Also, Liquitex has a sculptural medium out, which
allows you to create bas-relief and/or 3D pieces.  I haven't used it yet, but I
saw examples at the local art store and already have some ideas on how to use
it.  Fun fun fun!

Eric

 Eric Alstrom
 Conservator/Binder