Re: Supplies

I was advised that polyester ribbon will deteriorate. That I ought =
to use a non-synthetic like silk or cotton. I did end up using =
polyester grosgrain that my music teacher got for me from a fabric =
store in Wilmington. She's big into sewing and that was what she =
thought would work best. And it did work, although the ribbon was =
kind of stiff from some sort of starch.=20
I had thought of using tapes but the ones we had here weren't =
appropriate for tying (too wide) nor were they black, plus I'm =
guessing they're much more expensive (I don't do the buying) than =
ribbon.

-jenn
jennifer.lubkin@washcoll.edu

--- Joyce Jenkins wrote:
Why do you want nonpolyester ribbon?  I use grosgrain ribbon from =
any
fabric store on portfolios and it seems to work just fine.  The =
satiny
kind doesn't wear as well.  I've experimented with silk ribbon, but =
while
it was beautiful it was not strong enough.  There are some =
wonderful
tapes (not sticky tape, but cotton woven ones) that I have gotten =
in
Scandinavia.  Similar stuff is probably available in big American =
fabric
or upholstery stores.

Joyce Jenkins
Petersburg, Alaska