Re: query: colleges with book arts programs

To Emily-Jane Dawson's excellent and informative list, may I add Scripps
College (undergraduate, women)  in Claremont, CA. The Scripps College Press
http://www.scrippscol.edu/~dept/art/press/index.html
offers two courses through the art department emphasizing typographic design
and letterpress printing. Students collaboratively produce a book each
semester. The Press also sponsors two Frederic Goudy Lectures annually, and a
variety of workshops on the book arts and bookmaking.

Among other institutions that offer courses to undergraduates that I haven't
seen mentioned during this exchange are the Black Rock Press at the University
of Nevada, the Art Studio Department at UCSanta Barbara, the Fine Arts Press
at the University of Nebraska, the art department at Smith College, and the
Department of Art at Western Washington University.

I hope Barbara Reed will post a compilation to this list eventually.

Judy Harvey Sahak
Librarian, Denison Library
Scripps College
Claremont, CA  91711