[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Natural Hemp Fibers
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Natural Hemp Fibers
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:01:03 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199904241600.LAA23228@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199904241701.KAA16142@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 11:04 AM 4/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Do you have any idea where I can find natural hemp fibers for sewing
Our local weaving shop has hemp fiber on order and they tell me they will
spin it and ply it for a reasonable charge. Check with your local weavers.
Hemp cord is available from Royalwood Ltd (800-526-1630;
firstname.lastname@example.org [inquiries, not orders];
www.bright.net/~roylwood/). I use it for knotting and I'm not sure they
would have any fine enough for your purposes.
I sew my Japanese-style books with waxed linen which is a available in
about 32 colors and 2, 3, 4, 7, and 12 ply from Royalwood.
Regards from the Texas Hill Country,
Sam Lanham (email@example.com)