Re: Natural Hemp Fibers

At 11:04 AM 4/24/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Do you have any idea where I can find natural hemp fibers for sewing
>Japanese books?

Our local weaving shop has hemp fiber on order and they tell me they will
spin it and ply it for a reasonable charge.  Check with your local weavers.

Hemp cord is available from Royalwood Ltd (800-526-1630;
roybilkat@worldnet.att.net [inquiries, not orders];
www.bright.net/~roylwood/).  I use it for knotting and I'm not sure they
would have any fine enough for your purposes.

I sew my Japanese-style books with waxed linen which is a available in
about 32 colors and 2, 3, 4, 7, and 12 ply from Royalwood.

Regards from the Texas Hill Country,

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)