Re: Repetitive Motion Syndrome

I started a job as a designer in a small shop a
few years ago,
and was almost completely incapacitated a month
later with
severe back pain. I didn't understand it; I'd been
in this
field for years, and couldn't point to anything I
was doing
differently at this new job. The culprit: my
computer chair. It
was a five-wheeled chair,and  one of the wheels
was awry in that
pesky way that shopping cart wheels go awry. The
injury came from
the repetitive motion or grabbing the edge of my
desk and pulling
myself forward to the computer against the will of
that one wheel.

It's been almost three years. I still get back
spasms sometimes.
The right equipment makes all the difference in
the world.

Courtney Graham