grain

When covering a board on one side with handmade paper that has no
appreciable grain to it, then using a commercial paper with a grain on the
other side, it's not surprising that I'm having warping problems. I assume I
can correct this by covering the side that will get the handmade paper with
a grained paper first, then add the handmade paper over the top.

My question is this - does the weight of the paper have to be similar for
everything to balance out? Can I use a very thin paper under the HMP to
maintain the look I want or should it be the same weight as the paper
covering the other side?

Thanks in advance for your advice on this.

Roberta