Re: grain

 Jack Thompson's posting reminded me of something I had forgotten all
about.  It was a while back, and my brain cells fire erratically.
It was some sort of decorative paper which I needed to use but was
giving me trouble because it stretched so much when it was wet.  I
finally cut a piece slightly larger than I would need, sprayed it with
distilled water, and let it dry between pieces of reemay under light
weight until it was just slightly damp.  Then I cut it to the exact size
(on the shear, not by hand), pasted it out, and it worked just fine.  I
can't remember whether I noticed it pulling less.  I think it was on a
box anyway.
  Dorothy