[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gloss paper reply to Hamric
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: gloss paper reply to Hamric
- From: Martin <mrcinc@SILCOM.COM>
- Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:12:18 -0700
- Message-Id: <199905021620.JAA20548@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Xerox probably doesn't make their paper -- they buy it like we do and resell it.
Because the "photo papers" in the office supply stores were so expensive -- we
bought glossy papers from a batch of manufacturers and tested them, finding the
good sheets we will be putting up on our site next week at more reasonable
prices. All worked well with our printer. Another blow struck for the Davids
Zack Hamric wrote:
> Does anyone know of a supplier for glossy coated white paper that
> can be used inside a book. Can you laser print on it?
> If you need to laser print on it a lot of the coated offset papers are not
> suitable. Xerox has a line of papers called Color Expressions that is
> designed specifically for laser writers or color printers. You should be able
> to get it at most office supply stores.
> Zack Hamric
> Two Swallows Press
Martin R. Carbone
1227 De La Vina St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Tel: 805-965-5574 Fax: 805-965-2414
WEBSITES: http://www.papershops.com <<or>>
http://www.modelshops.com <<or>> http://www.silcom.com/~mrcinc