Re: gloss paper

Epson's Photo Paper may be a wonderful choice, but expect it to yellow in
about a year or so due to a high acid content.  Papers from a company
called Weber Valentine are acid free, but that doesn't mean that their
coatings are going to render them truly archival.  If you would like
samples of Weber Valentine, try this link:
http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/photo_papers.html

For more than you would ever care to know about inkjet printing and about
100 messages/day (unless you use the digest form)  I highly recommend
subscribing to the epson inkjet forum at http://www.leben.com/lists .

Also, here is a Weber Valentine salesperson's comments from the epson list:

Hi All,
We just completed testing on our JPG series of Glossy Papers
Testing was done using the following TAPPI standards
Cold extraction pH (TAPPI T509) and
Alkalinity of papers as Calcium Carbonate (TAPPI T553)
Cold extraction pH testing showed both samples JPG170, JPG206
to have neutral sizing and a pH of 7.2
JPG170 8.25% Wt. as Calcium Carbonate-Alkaline Reserve 1.65 moles/kg
JPG206 7.93% Wt. as Calcium Carbonate-Alkaline Reserve 1.59 moles/kg
These papers should qualify as Archival by anyones standards.
Also, These papers should work with ANY INK, dye or pigment, such as but
not limited to,Epson*, Roland*,HP*, MIS*, Lysonic*, IFLORD*, ENCAD*,
LUMINOUS* ect.. on the market.
* All trademarks and copyrights are the propert of their respective
owners.
--
John Goerger
www.weber-valentine.com