Re: large format printer

  I would recommend the 3000 over the 1520 if you plan on doing large
prints.  the 1520 does only about 13 by 17 size prints the 3000 does 16.5 up
to 44 inch prints.  But, the big reason I really prefer the 3000 is in the
ink carts.  The 3000 has a seperate ink cart for each color that is quite
large (i think 90ml but not positive)  the 1520 uses the small ink carts
that all the other inks jets use.  If you do large prints this will make a
big difference in your costs.  Also if you refill you own carts the 3000
carts are much easier to reill without problems.   The price difference
between the two printers is now about 400 to 500 dollars.  There are refurb
3000 available with the 2 year waranty for about 800 or 900 dollars.  Can
not give exact prices because it changes constantly.  New full list is about
1200 dollars.  The epson mail list discusses a lot about the different
printers but it tends to very heavy on the side of messages.
linda
linda@dontknowpub.com
To see digital images of the Rose Bowl parade, flowers, water
scenes, abstracts of nature and views of the San Francisco Bay Area,
http://www.dontknow.world-stores.com
http://www.dontknowpub.com