Re: Teaching Workshops

What I always like to see is how people work.  What do their hands do?
How do they arrange what they are working on?  How do they handle
unexpected problems?  What do they mean when they say sticky-tacky-runny-
shiny-average weight-heavy weight-thick-thin?  And just what do they do
to tear the paper straight?  What are the shortcuts in working methods that
come out as asides during the teaching process?

Many things you can figure out from books, but workshops let you see
the rest of what goes into a book.  I have a vivid picture of an
instructor's hands smoothing book cloth over the edge of a book board.
It was a graceful gesture that translated into a book which itself was graceful.

-Karen from Atlanta