Oriental Art Supply paper

Good evening!
Sometime ago we discussed backing fabric with paper. Somebody recommended
Oriental Art Supply's practice roll (catalog # P3). I went ahead and got 3
rolls of it. Now I find that it doesn't stick to fabric when I use my usual
wheat paste. Please would the person who recommended it(or any other
enlightened soul) advise me on what adhesive to use. Right now my paste goes
right through the paper and the paper sticks to my waste sheet. I even used a
thick paste but that doesn't help.

Thanks,
Suhag