Re: photocopying photos

I'm guessing it was moire patterns in my original scans -- which =
got me on this whole wild goose chase of trying to get better =
quality photos. But the descreening on Color It! got rid of them.  =
I went back to my original scans and tried the Gaussian blur and =
the unsharp mask instead, but it didn't work as well.

It seems to be a problem with contrast I'm having. It's fine when I =
print out, but when I photocopy my printout, some areas are too =
dark and other too light. Maybe it's the photocopier, but maybe I =
should try rescanning and adjusting the contrast options?

oy vey,
jenn

jennifer.lubkin@washcoll.edu

--- Hal Faulkner wrote:
Jennifer,

Those of us that were around in the '60's know what Moir=C8 =
patterns are!

It's when you have two screen patterns that are not aligned =
precisely and
they add up to an interference pattern that changes as you shift =
them.
Clear?  Take two pieces of window screen and place them on top of =
each other
, as you move them around, or look at them from a different angle, =
the
pattern will shift.  Named after a French optical scientist, I =
think.