Moiré

Moire = a kind of fabric with some wave-type pattern

Produced if you put two layers of fabric together under some humidity and
pressure - that produces a magnificent wave-type pattern. I know it - and I
will never forget it. It was the fabric of my first dress for a ball -
bright red - I think I will have this wonderful blue robe forever, even it
is too big for me now - but I have a new dress in bright red and I love it
and I wear it dancing Viennese waltz a whole night returning home quite
dazzled from dancing and all that champagne...

Monika
Vienna/Austria