Re: Scanning

Because WYSIWYG refers to web editors, that is, to the software used to make
and edit websites, pages, HTML, etc.  I think (if anyone knows more, jump in)
that WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) refers to the inconsistencies in
web browsers; the editors; programs such as GoLive Cyberstudio, Claris
homepage, MacroMedia Dreamweaver -- these are the WYSIWYG's -- i.e.; to
graphics, Photoshop is the 'what you see is what you get' program.

Madeleine Fix