Re: Scanning ain't easy

-----Original Message-----
From: DT Fletcher <FletcherOR@AOL.COM>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 4:51 PM
Subject: Scanning ain't easy

Your offer to answer questions is very generous -- considering the scope of
all possible questions.

My scanned work is very true to the original but my photos are of very poor
quality.  I do a newsletter for one of my volunteer groups and the photos
are not clear.  They are usually color photos which I scan as black and
white for the newsletter.  I do have photoshop but am just beginning to use
it so my experience is very limited. My scanner is a HP Scanjet 4P

BTW, my son has sent me scanned photos and they have printed beautifully so
I don't think it's a printer problem.

Angee