Re: WYSIWYG was Scanning

>WYSIWYG (what you see...) is a term which applies to word-processing and
>the graphic arts on a computer as much as it does within the world of
>HTML and web-design.  WordPerfect was using WYSIWYG long before there was
>a Netscape and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and all of the above goes
>without mentioning the MAC, which I believe has been WYSIWYG since its
>inception.  I could however, be wrong.
>
>Rommel John Miller
>Ocean City, MD
>rjmiller1095@juno.com

WYSIWYG did come from the early Macs. It was the difference between DOS
(command line interface) and being able to type in a word processor and see
the fonts and spacing that you would actually see on the print out. I was
doing layout in Word Perfect in DOS then and it was a *huge* difference!
Without a WYSIWYG interface, you never quite knew what it would look like
until it came off the printer (continous feed perfed paper too).

Thanks for the memories,
Simrat

Simrat Kaur Khalsa
simrat@gladstone.uoregon.edu