Re: Scanning

Hi, Yehuda,

My printer works at 600 dpi; when I am scanning photographs to print I
set the scanner at 200 dpi and print out as with a 100 line screen on
the 600 dpi printer.

Just don't think too much about what it all means.

The other advice (re: web sites/72 dpi) is good, if you plan to use the image
on a web site.

It is also possible to scan in a higher resolution (say, 300 dpi for use
with optical character recognition software) and later reduce the image
size (by percentage/pixels/etc.) to something which you can later use
in another application.

A scanner is only another tool, just like a paring knife.  They both take
some time to get used to.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Laboratory