Re: Scanning

In a message dated 5/12/99 3:20:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjmiller1095@JUNO.COM writes:

<< my HP 5P is a good little machine  >>

I used a HP 4P for years and found it to be a very good machine. The HP
software was good and made scanning about as easy as it can get.

Today my biggest problem is not with my scanner which is great or my printer
which is also great (HP4000), but my monitor which is a PanaFlat PF70. It is
a good monitor but it doesn't show the detail that both my scanner and
printer are capable of. On many occasions I end up having to assume that
everything is okay and wait for the printout, because the darn monitor won't
show me the detail information I need. It is also helpful to go ahead and do
some things regardless. In particular I like to make sure that my whites are
really white. I always to to the effort of selecting all the areas that
should be white and filling with pure white. Doing this without affecting the
rest of the image can be tricky at times, but it is worth it to have all your
images with the same idea of what white should be. The photoshop tool I use
probably more than any other is Image-Adjust-levels-white.
dt fletcher