Legacy of Letters '99 Tour

Dear Book Arts Enthusiast,

I would like to recommend that you check out Garrett Boge's "Legacy of
Letters" tour at the Website at the bottom of this message.  It is just one
of the items that I mention on my new Website
(http://letterspace.com/handpress).  If you want to contact me directly, my
e-mail address is gabrum@aol.com.

* * *

Legacy of Letters, a guided study tour of Rome and Florence, is
accepting registrations for it's Fall 1999 tour (September 12-22). The
focus of the tour is historical lettering and inscriptions spanning two
millennia, with an eye toward the art, culture and milieu which it both
served and mirrored. The tour features:

* 3 full-time guides offering informed commentary, including: lettering
and printing scholar Michael Twyman; historical type designer Garrett
Boge; and calligrapher & lettering historian Paul Shaw.

* a small group (under 20) of professional designers, educators &
lettering enthusiasts.

* comfortable accommodations & facilitation of travel needs

* a thoughtfully structured itinerary featuring special access to
several libraries and collections, including the Vatican Museums.

* specially-produced study and reference materials.

For complete information and to register, visit the Legacy of Letters
website at: http://www.letterspace.com/LETTERING_TOURS

or call for more information: (US/Can) 800-929-1951, (intnl)
001-206-467-7275. Early registration is encouraged, as a maximum of 20
persons will be accepted.